Registration for UMB Summer 2010 Dissertation House Opens TODAY!
Applications are accepted June 1-7, 2010. Space is limited, so submit your application now!
A signed acknowledgment from your PI/Adviser must accompany your application to be considered.
For complete Application Instructions: http://www.umbc.edu/promise/dissertation.html
Please feel free to pass this information to students who can benefit from the program.
The UMB "Dissertation House - On Campus" will provide a 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
community environment for students to write their dissertations and work with a coach for
Dates/Time: Monday-Wednesday, June 28-30, 2010.
Location: SMC Campus Center Room 353.
Students will be provided with daily breakfast, coffee/tea, lunch, and snacks.
Participating students must plan to be present for the three days.
Applications are due June 7, 2010 and participants will be limited to 15 students.
Registration is open to all UMB graduate students, from all disciplines, who are either working on their proposal, thesis or dissertation.
The UMB Dissertation House-On Campus is sponsored by PROMISE:
How to Apply:
To apply to attend the UMB Summer 2010 Dissertation House, please submit a brief description (maximum 2 pages, font size 11-12 point 1 inch margins) that describes the project that you wish to accomplish during the Dissertation House period.
Please use the following guidelines:
Please write your application in paragraph form.
(1) Summary of the project, including research question(s), data or texts, and method;
(2) Description of work completed on the project to date; and
(3) Any obstacles that you are encountering that hinder completion of the dissertation.
Include the following header information with the description:
* Telephone numbers (home, office, and fax)
* E-mail address
* Academic Program and Year in the program
* Signed statement from your Adviser/PI: “I acknowledge and approve of my student attending the 3-day UMB Summer 2010 Dissertation House on June 28-30, 2010.”
Submit your application via an Email attachment by the specified
deadline to: PROMISE.UMB@gmail.com.
Use the subject line: "Dissertation House"
More information about the Dissertation House is
available online for your reference: